It’s time for another #washiwednesday blog post. We started this series last week with how to make washi tape bows with Samantha and this week, Angeline is showing us just how much more you can stretch your washi tape and use them to decorate your cards. Let’s get on with the fiesta!
About this project, Angeline says:
This washi set is so much fun — there’s tacos, guitars, hats — just a whole load of fun in a pack of washi!
Here are the supplies that she used for this card:
She’s going to walk you through how she created this card:
1. Take your Cardstock Piece and position the balloons die. Secure it using some micropore/washi tape.
2. Run it through your die cut machine — I am using my Sizzix Bigshot — and alternate the dies to create a see through (negative) piece.
3. Take your Card Base and here’s where the fun begins! Stick the washi tape however you like and cover the entire Card Base. You can align it vertically, horizontally or even angle it. Here I am showing the easiest to line up – which is horizontally.
4. Here’s how your Card Base will look like once it is fully covered with the washi tape.
6. Next, adhere the see through (negative) Cardstock Piece onto your Card Base.
7. Then grab a piece of the balloon heart (from Step 2) and stamp it with the Hello sentiment.
8. Put some foam adhesive behind the heart piece and align it slightly off from the washi heart.
9. Then draw some stitched lines using a black pen to create a border around the card.
10. I also added some Nuvo Drops in gold at the bottom of each washi balloon.
Here’s her finished card!
I love how every Sweet product can be mix-and-matched to create a unique project of your own.
Check out the rest of the Sweet washi tape collection HERE and we’ll see you back on Friday with another Contributor Spotlight.