Hi It’s Tyra and I’m here to share a few easy techniques using nested metal dies to add modern design to your cards!
The cards I am featuring today are using the lovely sentiments from the Enjoy Calligraphy set.
I will show you how you can use your metal dies to:
- Create a Frame,
- Create an artistic swirl effect
- “Steal” a Scene (sounds mean, but it’s not – I promise)
1. Create a Frame. Use two nested dies, one slightly larger than the other and held together with washi tape to die cut a frame. The different sizes in nested die sets allow you to create any size frame you want! Yes, that’s it!
2. Create swirl of circles. Use washi tape to hold multiple sizes of nested circles together to die cut out individual circle frames. Use these frames to create a modern swirly circle background!
3. “Steal” a Scene. This super simple technique is great to create hassle free backgrounds to complement your favorite card sentiment. Check out my post yesterday to see the simple scene I created using the calligraphy sentiment and the inspiration behind my design.
Use your nested dies to add a clean and crisp modern touch to your card making. The techniques above are just a few possibilities. Just imagine the fun of nesting different shapes! I might just sneak in another nested die technique during the next release (and have you joined the release event?)
I am always looking for ways to get more use out of my supplies and I hope I have inspired you to do the same. Take care and thanks so much for stopping by the blog! xo, Tyra.