Hello there …
I hope you are all well?
Well first let introduce myself as this is my first post for The Sweet Stamp Shop. I am Katie, a mum of 4, freelance designer living in the UK. I am so honoured to be working with these fabulous stamps.
Today I would like to share a technique making an easy and effective slider card. I have used the Ahoy stamp set which I just adore! I am so into anything nautical at the moment!
With some clever use of pennies I have created a card that allows the boat to sail around the card! Below are all the instruction you need to make this fun card.
1. First off trim a white card black 6 1/2″ x 7 1/2″. Cut two sections of patterned paper to matt and layer on at a later time.
2. Die cut a scalloped circle frame and a smaller circle to fit in the centre leaving a gap.
3. Add 3D foam pads to the back of the circle and frame, ensuring the foam pads are kept away from the inside edge.
4. Stamp and colour the boat, I have used promarkers. Then turn over and adhere a penny to the back, add a foam pad to the penny and add another penny.
5. Adhere the frame the circle onto a panel of patterned paper and place the boat so that the penny fits into the gap allowing the boat to sail around the circle.
6. Stamp the sentiments from the Sail Away Sayings and adhere these behind the panel.
7. Take the original base panels and adhere twine, wrap around a couple of times and secure in place at the back.
There you have it, a quick and simple slider card.
I would love to hear your thoughts on this card and of course if you have any questions please ask away! In the meantime why not pop over to the Sweet Stamp Shop Facebook page and keep up with all the latest news.
Until Next time …