Who am I CASEing this time around? Today’s CASE is going to be the lovely Anna Kossakovskaya! Since the beginning of our term as Sweets, I’ve been admiring Anna’s excellent ability to combine all the elements in projects together.
This is Anna’s original card using Dragon and Elegant Sentiments:
What I love about Anna’s card:
- The color scheme – grey tones and the yellow WORK so well with our little Dragon
- The placement of the sentiment and the Dragon “up in the air”
- The subtle stitch line that doesn’t over power the card
- The perfect amount of drips/splatter that add more yellow to tie everything in
Here’s my CASE of Anna’s card:
In the beginning, I wanted to CASE pretty well everything that Anna had used in her card, but I found out really quick that just wasn’t possible.
These were the problems I encountered:
- The papers I had on hand were too much for the dragon image.
- After deciding to use the Elephant Hearts set, I needed to adapt and ground my elephant but after doing so, the sentiment needed to be moved.
- I’m fearful of making splatters/drips on my pages and also don’t have yellow ink refills so I used stamped hearts instead
- It wasn’t until the very end that I realized that I hadn’t sewn my edges like Anna did!
I could have left the card as is, but I found the card was missing a little detail to make everything go together. Do you see what I mean; if you look at the before adding my faux stitched lines, there is too much black in the one corner?
By adding in the stitched lines, I balanced the card. Here’s a review of everything I adapted:
Have you been CASEing any of the DT members yet? Would love to hear some feedback from you about this series so far. Please let me know your thoughts below!
For more inspiration, please head over to the Sweet Stamp Shop Pinterest page.
The sets I used on my project are Elephant Hearts | Elegant Sentiments | Hearts from: Cheeky, Doggy Dog, Kitty Cat