Hello, friends! Anna here today and I want to share with you my new notebook- Mr.Octopus! Do you remember my first mini with this guy? So I crafted its elder brother! 🙂 I love, that this Octopus is a programmer, this theme is very close to many people I know.
I stamped and colored four octopuses for this notebook. I made a cover of blue paper with stars, also added few layers and put one figure of octopus on the typewriter, so it looks like this guy types, haha 🙂
I love, when inside pages aren’t empty, so I always add some funny things, to surprise the owner. So, I adhered a card with great words on the first page.
Also I made two dividers.
Some of pages have small, pretty things!
And the second divider, I really like it! The phrase is perfect with this super-busy Octopus!
And now, a few images and instructions sharing how to make this notebook:
Tutorial for the cover: you’ll need two pieces of 2 mm chipboard, two 12×12 sheets of paper for the cover and one 12×12 sheet for the flyleaf (title page). Also, you will need glue and a brush.
Note: I made this notebook sized on A5. My inner paper is 148 x 210 mm (5.75 x 8.25 inches). So my cover is 5 mm more (just over about 1/8 inch). I took a 15.5 x 21.5 cm (6 x 8.5 inches) size for chipboard.
- From two similar sheets of paper, cut two pieces 17.5×23.5 cm (6.75 x 9.25 inches). Fold them at 1 cm (3/8 inches) from each edge. Glue your chipboard on the center of these paper pieces using your favorite strong adhesive.
- Cut all eight corners of the paper, leaving about 3-4 mm (approximately 1/8 inch) from the corner of the chipboard.
- Use the white glue for gluing the long sides (you can use Elmer’s white glue or US Artquest MATTE Perfect Paper Adhesive).
- Make it with all four long sides (don’t touch the short sides!).
- Put the white glue inside “pockets” on the corners. Paper becomes more elastic when the glue is on it.
- Squeeze the resulting pockets together so that the glue holds, as shown on the photo.
- Glue short sides the same way as the long ones. Also cut two 15 x 21 cm (6 x 8.25 inches) pieces of paper for two flyleaf (title page) and glue them in the center of the covers.
- Then assemble your notebook in any way you like. I used Zutter Bind-It-All 2.0 to collect notebook on wire.
Do you use Instagram? If yes, do not forget to follow us there @sweetstampshop, and upload your cards and projects, and be sure to tag them with #sweetstampshop, so we can visit you!