Hey y’all, Kate Kennedy here with another fun technique video for your viewing pleasure 🙂 I just cannot get over how stinkin’ cute the Campout set is from last month’s release. Even though, it was not one of my assigned sets, I couldn’t not have it to play with. And I am so glad that I ordered it. For this card I decided to emboss on vellum for two reasons really:
1. It make fussy cutting an image super easy. Because the embossing creates a bit of a raised edged you can just glide your scissors right along it for a super easy cut.
2. I wanted a subtle background on the images that was not too overwhelming. I could have easily used patterned paper, but, I love the airiness the vellum gives.
A couple of tricks for embossing on vellum:
1. Make sure to use some sort of anti-static product. They make tools for this or you can use a dryer sheet.
2. Pre-heat your heat gun. Turn on your heat gun and let it warm up for about 15-30 seconds before hitting the vellum with it.
3. Heat the back of your vellum. This will help keep the vellum for wharping.
Here is the adorable stamp set Campout:
Here is the card I made. This is a folding card that I attached in the middle with a bit of twine. For step-by-step instructions please make sure to head to our youtube channel or watch below.
And when you untie the twine I added this super cute message, the adorable fire fly, and some extra stars.
Here is the step-by-step video: Make sure to subscribe to the Sweet Stamp Shop YouTube Channel so you never miss a new video! 🙂
Please Note: The Sweet Stamp Shop is currently on vacation. Feel free to place an order using the coupon code FREEVACA and you will get free USA shipping!!!! Also, let them know Kate sent you! Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a sweet day!