One Set, Two Different Ways: Balloons

sweet stamp shop 05162014.jpg

Hello, it’s Amy T, I’m back with my last post for the Sweet Stamp Shop!  I’ll get back to that in a smidge, first let’s talk stampy occasions.

For whatever reason, I don’t tend to make birthday cards until I need them.  I’m trying to break that trend and start having a decent stash of birthday cards.    My first card is a feminine birthday card that uses a technique that was shared in the Online Card Classes, watercolor for card makers.

sweet stamp shop happy birthdayI’m really loving the new release, Balloons.  It is literally appropriate for any festive occasion.  I teamed it up with the new Happy Birthday sentiment set.  Seriously, everyone needs this sentiment set…you can mix and match fonts, love that idea!

Next up is a masculine card using the same Balloons set.  Obviously, I’m in charge of all cards in our household so when I was asked to make a masculine high school graduation card I said Sure!  First thing I did was find the high school’s website and figure out what their school colors are…um, black & gold.

Here’s what I came up with:

Sweet Stamp Shop balloon congrats

So, the other day I was digging around looking for something and came across my container full of Twinkling H2O’s.  I had completely forgotten about those {yes, it felt like Christmas!} and they are perfect for the watercolor hoopla!  I combined China Black with gold embossing and Delicata GoldenGlitz.  The congratulations sentiment is from the Easily Distracted set and it looks awesome in Delicata.

Balloons

1620905_10203008621723730_196443609_n

Happy Birthday

1779099_10203008625563826_497954285_n

Easily Distracted

easilydistractedweb

So there you have it, a feminine and masculine card using the newly released Balloons set!

Question for you:  Do you always have a supply of birthday cards?

Have you checked out the Bonus May Release?!  It’s awesome!!!

Before I go, I wanted to give a big shout out to the wonderful Mrs. Sweets for having me on the Sweet Stamp Shop Design Team!  The last 3 months have been fun filled for me!  I really loved being part of the awesome team of designers!

35 Responses to One Set, Two Different Ways: Balloons

1. Deepti says:

These are lovely!! beautiful BG for the cute balloons

2. Amy always love your fabulousness! Great cards.

3. Linda Storey says:

Great idea using balloons for the new year. Both cards are wonderful!

4. Celeste Goff says:

Love these new stamp sets!!!

5. Celeste Goff says:

Love these new stamp sets! Super cute!

6. michii00 says:

I’m so glad I got the balloon set! I don’t always have cards on hand.. I feel like whenever I need one, I want to make one especially for the occasion. But I admit I have a stash of cards I make as one-offs when i’m inspired by another card maker’s card. I make that one card, then I tuck it away and say “I’ll make that again later!” and i never do… haha

7. Miriam Prantner says:

Gorgeous cards! I am especially loving the black and gold version!

8. Melissa C. says:

Beautiful cards, Amy! It was so great to be on the Sweet team with you! Love your card making style! Best wishes in the days ahead! 🙂

• Thanks Melissa! I want to thank you again for your Picture Perfect tips! I have thoroughly enjoyed that featured AND have used all of your suggestions…thank YOU!

9. Amy these cards are amazing.. love those balloons and the watercolor backgrounds.. perfect..

10. Kelly L says:

Wow! I just found your stamps and they are perfect for me. Just my style. Cute with quirky sentiments. Can’t wait to purchase a few sets.

• Oh Kelly, you are going to LOVE the Sweet Stamp Shop stamps! They stamp wonderfully and you’re absolutely right, they are so very CUTE!!! Make sure you follow the Sweet Stamp Shop blog, Facebook page and Pinterest for TONS of ideas, tips and fun!

11. These are gorgeous Amy! LOVING the colors on the backgrounds and those balloons!!!!

12. sherryeckblad says:

I always have a supply of several kinds of cards on hand it just makes it easier. Love both of your cards and that balloon set and birthday set are FABULOUS! Want them both.

• Thanks Sherry, you know that I make a ton of cards. I just don’t know why I haven’t generally made birthday cards, but I’m on the road to making things easier by focusing on birthday cards!

13. kerenbaker says:

Love your designs- the black and gold one is stunning! You’ve done wonders with the set!

14. Very awesome stamp set.

15. Sandi T says:

This is just soooooooooooooooo pretty and fun! LOVE this to bits!!!!!

16. Sylvia says:

Such fun cards, love the balloons, sequins and the “gold”, Amy! Way to go!

17. vjw81e says:

Such amazing cards – rediculously pretty, and simple to top it off. I love it!

18. audreypettit says:

Such adorable uses for those fun balloons! You are amazing, Amy! Thanks for sharing your talents with us these past 3 months!