Sweet Stamp Organization

Hi everyone!  Colie here once again and excited as always to be sharing with you today.  Who here has a lot of stamps?  I know I do!  They seem to multiply somehow, right?  There are so many ways to organize your stamps, I am sure you have a favorite method, but how do you remember all of those stamps you have?  I want to share a secret with you: I was always forgetting what I had!   So I made a “stamp directory” and best of all, I used up some journaling cards I had laying around to make it so no supplies needed to be purchased!

2014-04-18 16.00.34

All I had to do was stamp one stamp set per 4×6 card, punch a small hole in each one, and thread through a binder ring, and done!  I added tabs to keep things a little more organized.

2014-04-18 15.59.482014-04-18 15.59.54I kept it all super simple – white grid cards and a grey ink, stamped quickly and messily.  This is a project you can put as much or as little time into as you want!!  For example, I love seeing my images stamped, but some sets, like alphas, I don’t need to stamp every single letter.  So I just punched a hole in my Sweet Stamp Shop packaging and added it with the rest of the stamps, worked perfect!

2014-04-18 16.00.08You could organize yours any way you want.  By type (greetings, alphas, graphics, etc) or simply alphabetically by stamp name.  I did not add stamp names or brands to each card because I do not usually use that information, but that is another idea of something you might like to add!

2014-04-18 15.59.35I used ALL of my amazing Sweet Stamp Shop stamps in this project, so I won’t bore you by listing them all here, but I will highlight the main stamp I am using on the front.  It is called the Alpha Tabs stamp and I bought it for my pocket scrapbooking (perfect!) but it works so well for this type of project!  If I were to go back and add the stamp name to each card, I would use this stamp.  It is bold, stands out amongst other stamps, but also small enough to fit easily on the card!

I hope I gave you lots of ideas for organization here today!  I will be back next week, but don’t worry about missing me in the meantime, a wonderful team member is here EVERY DAY!  The best way to keep up with what’s happening around the shop is to “like” the facebook page.  See you soon!

15 Responses to Sweet Stamp Organization

1. Patti J. says:

Cute as can be, and what a great idea! Thanks for the inspiration 🙂

2. This is ingenious! Yep, I have a whole lot of fun, and I have NO IDEA how that happened! (pleading the fifth here…) I love this idea….Fantastic!

3. heifer21 says:

i would love to do this with all my stamps I think it would take me a year to get it done. lol

4. Cathy Yosha says:

Good idea! think I will give it a shot

5. Samantha says:

Super cute!! I have been thinking about doing something similar. I love the way yours turned out!

6. Lisa says:

Great idea Colie!

7. andreagray says:

this is a GREAT idea!!! i seriously need to do this! i would end up adding the name to them because i do like to list the maker and sometimes i forget who they are designed by. freaking awesome girl!!! another amazingly original idea!

8. Heather says:

Great idea! Thank you so much for the awesome inspiration! Off to do some stamping. 🙂

9. Linda Storey says:

LoVe it. Great idea! Thanks for sharing!

10. What a fun idea! Thanks for sharing this…I so need to do this:)

11. Chrissy says:

What an awesome way to get organized. LOVE IT!

12. maria langston says:

i love this idea thanks guys

13. Robin says:

I love this idea! I was just thinking that I needed to make some kind of stamp book, so I could see all the stamps I have, but I just didn’t want another large item to store. Your little journaling cards are a stroke of genius! Thanks for sharing!

14. Samantha M says:

I think this is a fantastic way to organize your life!! Love the idea of a stamp directory! So cool!

15. Very cute stamp sets 🙂 Love, love, love Stinky!

About the Brother scan n cut… I can’t live without my Silh Cameo, and I’m also a Spellbinder die junkie… but I saw the Scan n Cut at CHA and was very, very impressed! If only I had more space… I did have a few questions for you about the machine:
    1- can you adjust the margin of the cut? i.e., it leaves a white border around the image, can you adjust that border so that it minimizes the white?
    2- what can it cut? fabric, chipboard, vinyl, etc…
    3- how many images can it cut at one time? Can you stamp a whole page of images and then cut them all out at the same time?
    4- how distinct an outline must you have to cut? i.e., if you have a yellow and black outline, will it recognize the yellow part of the outline?
    thanks! I probably have a ton more questions, but this is a good start…
    -dayle