Good morning everyone! Chrissy here and ready for another exciting sketch. I really love this sketch and hope you will get some serious inspiration from it. Are you ready to see it? Here goes:
How awesome is that? You’ll be able to play along with this sketch on Thursday, February 20th over at the CAS(E) this Sketch blog. We hope you’ll join us.
How sweet would this be to send to a west coast buddy? I stamped the heart shape from Cookie Sprinkles on some patterned paper to pair perfectly with the pot from our SWEET little cactus. This card was super simple, some paper piecing, layering, some bling, and boom…you have it. 😉
First I’ll give you a look at the card, then I’ll let you know how it was done!
You probably look at this and think that I did some reverse stamping but instead, I did some selective stamping to get my two separate pears. Want to see how?
1. I stamped the pears on a post it note, flipping the stamp between to get both pears for cutting.
2. I cut out my pears.
3. It finally dawned on me that the sticky was going to be on the wrong side to stick to the stamp since the image is reversed…ooops! Next time I will stamp my image on the sticky part of the post it so I won’t have to use washi tape to hold my mask on.
4. I inked up the stamp with the mask and removed the mask to stamp pear #1. I repeated the above steps with the other mask to stamp pear #2.
5. After my masking/stamping was complete, these are the images I ended up with for my card. Not perfect but nothing a little copic liner won’t fix.
6. Final product after touching up with the liner. After this, I colored with copics on the colored card stock. It made short work of laying down a good base green!
I totally could have done reverse stamping to get two pears facing opposite directions but if you are like me, you are reverse stamping challenged. I just can never get it to work. Luckily, I could get away with my cheat for this stamp set since there are two pears in the original image. 😉 Like the cork banner? That came into play to cover up an oops on my part. I’m actually glad I messed up since I LOVE the banner! Sometimes things just work out.
If you liked the sketch, I hope you’ll come play along later this week at CAS(E) this Sketch. Hopefully, you have already liked Sweet Stamp Shop on Facebook. This release proved just how much inside information you can get from the page. You really don’t want to miss it! Also, have you seen the YouTube channel? I know a new video went up just last week and you’ll want to subscribe so you don’t miss out on any new videos. Thanks so much for getting sketchy with me today and I hope to see you back here soon!