Hi, Michele here, with some Sweet Scrappin’. Let’s talk about a pretty big trend in scrapping these days – Project Life! Do any of you guys do Project Life? I’m wondering do you just buy pre-made journaling and title cards? Did you ever stop and think how easy it would be to make some cards of your own? Better yet, have you thought about using stamps to make your own cards? Or even using stamps to personalize pre-made ones? Well, I made some cards from my stash using lots of SWEET, and let me tell you, not only was it easy, but it was super FUN! The variety of styles and supplies you can use are endless. I don’t even do Project Life, but after I made these cards I just had to put them to use. (You can see my completed project at my blog HERE.)
If you’re not familiar with Project Life, let me give you a little background. You generally make weekly or monthly spreads using page protectors that have slots the perfect size to slip in 4×6 photos and journaling cards. From what I’ve seen, a typical card set you might use would include one 4×6 title card and four 3×4 journaling cards for each single page.
First up, I used a 6×6 pad of BasicGrey patterned papers along with Cherry Blossoms stamps to make a card set. I used Calendar and Alpha Tabs to add some date accents to the cards. I stamped and cut out the lanterns and flowers, then added twine and other embellies to finish off the cards.
Here are my Project Life stamping tips:
- Focus on a single stamp set when making a set of journaling cards for continuity.
- Use sets like Calendar, Alpha Tabs and Today Was to add dates and text to your cards. You will use these stamps over and over again, so it is well worth owning them.
- Try out some different styles like CAS, or different techniques like coloring and painting. When working on such a small card, it’s easy to start over if you aren’t happy with the first attempt.
- Make journaling card sets ahead of time and then just pull them out when ready to put together a layout.
- Keep your stamps handy when putting the layout together-use them to add some final touches!
Have you checked out Sweet Stamp Shop on Pinterest yet?
And remember that Sweet Stamp Shop’s July Release is coming up in only 10 DAYS! Join our Facebook Stamp Release Event for some awesome sneak peeks of the new stamps! I *may* just have to make some more journaling cards when I get my hands on the new July stamps…