Happy 4th of July Sweets!
We’re so proud to be from the ‘Land of the Free – and the Home of the Brave’ – both my grandfather and my father served in the Military AND my Great Great Grandfather surveyed a good portion of the Pacific Northwest and we have lots of cool family stuff in museums from coast to coast. My family has roots SO deep here in the states – My great great grandparents traded with the Native Americans and to this day we have hand woven baskets – proof that my family was rugged pioneers who believe in a NEW and better life for their family! They treated everyone with respect and believe in equality (before it was hip) … lol
Today is a great day to remind myself the sacrifices my family made for us to live in this FREE and amazing country. I am thankful for them – and for all of my fellow American’s who have similar stories of sacrifice.
Happy Fourth Of July To YOU!
Couple 4th of July reminders…
LAST DAY FOR THE SALE
Today is the LAST DAY to take advantage of our super sale! No coupon code needed! Just head over to the shop and load up your cart – at check out it’ll work the sale magic for you! Happy 4th from our Sweet Family to yours!
SWEET FOURTH GIVE-A-WAY
Be sure to head over to the blog post from yesterday to enter to win!
– ONE LAST THING –
We’ve started our July Release Event Group in facebook. We show sneak peeks and we’re know to do give-a-ways BEFORE the release. It’s just a fun way for us to share our excitement for the new stuff!
Lesley here, and I am excited to share how I was inspired by a brand new Sweet Shop Stamp set, to create a card!
Nicole has asked me to share some ideas on how to “start” a card design.
Starting is half the battle and I often don’t know where to begin!!
Today I am focusing on using the stamps in the set below, to create a fun background stamping effect!! Forget about using pattern papers! Put your stamps to work for you!!! This set has so many wonderful “little” stamps, just perfect for background stamping!
This is how I started….
Step 1: I used the brand new Wheely Like You set.
Step 2: I decided to focus on the sentiment stamps in the set and the bullseye!
Step 3: For my design, I decided to do some background stamping.
How to make this card:
1. Cut your red cardstock to make an A2 card (4.25″ x 5.5″)
2. Stamp the”love” sentiment on a diecut heart. Use red ink on red paper, for a subtle look.
3. Cut a strip of black cardstock at (2.5″ x 5.25″)
4. Cut a strip of kraft cardstock at (2.5″ x 5.25″)
5. Use washi tape, to create a division between the top and bottom of the card and to break up the black “top” of the card!
6. Stamping with clear stamps, it is easy to create a repeated word background on the heart!
7. Stamp the bullseye image with kraft ink, onto the kraft paper, with the arrow and sentiments in black.
7. To tie my card together, I added some red baker’s twine.
That is how I made my card for today! I hope you have fun, creating your own background stamped card.
Thanks for stopping by!