Sweet Challenges with Sweet Friends!

Most of you know my LOVE for challenge blogs – I just can’t get enough of them, and every once in a while I find myself with a couple minutes of extra play time and I love to pick a couple challenges to play!

My good (and seriously creative) friend Danni came over last night to get crafty with me – and we successfully created two cards for two different challenges!

Take a moment and visit Danni’s (NEW) blog – HERE … she’s new to the blogging world and would love to see some new faces!!

Anyway, we decided to play along with one of my favorite challenge blogs, CASE Study

The inspiration this week was from the most amazing Teri Anderson! (she’s, like, THE BEST!)

Here is the card that Teri whipped up for our inspiration…

Amazing, right! What first caught my eye was the colors. Yum. So, I decided to stick with the color scheme – and the idea of all the little embellishments.

Here is my card

Sew Smitten – HA, yes… oh yes, I am! Love all the little embellishments and the sewing machine in the perfect color. I also used the button stamps from Baby Love to create the scalloped edge at the top and as well as stamping it on cork (next to the ‘S’ in Sew)

Next up we decided to challenge ourselves and we entered the ‘White on White’ Simon Says Stamp Challenge – Check it out HERE
Here was this inspiration picture

So we challenged ourselves to use ONLY white. Ohhh, it was hard. But, I think we really had fun with this.

Here is my ‘White on White’ card 🙂

‘Fresh Beginnings’ seemed like the perfect sentiment for an all white card – dontcha think?

I used the new Color Wheel set – and it worked out quite nicely if I do say so myself.

Do you have a favorite challenge blog that you like to participate in?? Share your link in the comments so we can get inspired and challenged together!
Thanks for dropping in today!
See you back here tomorrow,
Nicole

post signature

15 Responses to Sweet Challenges with Sweet Friends!

1. Jen McD says:

I may be slightly biased, but I LOVE Pinspired Challenges! (pinspiredchallenges.blogspot.com) AND, if you play along this week, there’s a SWEET prize up for grabs!!!

And, Nicole–your cards are awesome! Love all the texture on the white-on-white!

2. macmomma says:

This is beautiful! I love cards made with only 1 color. Even a simple card done in 1 color is elevated to elegant!!
    The Scrapbooking Queen sent me and I am glad she did so I didn’t miss meeting you!

3. Joce Turner says:

Amazing, this is really clever. Loving the white on white!

4. he, he! I am “sew” in love with the first card! It is wonderful, I adore the letters you have used. Thanks for playing at CASE Study this week.

5. Cindy Groh says:

Wonderful cards. Love that first one. The colors are beautiful and the design is fun.

6. Tenia Nelson says:

These cards ROCK, Miss Lady!!!

7. Andrea Ewen says:

Super cute cards, love the one with the Scrabble tiles…how clever! Thanks for playing along with us this week at CASE Study!

8. Natalie says:

Great cards and design!

9. Annette says:

wow these are all amazing…

10. debby4000 says:

Fabulous cards but do love the white on white its very stylish.

Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp challenge.

luv
    Debby

11. anya says:

Love your fun little sewing machine card, Nicole! You used such cute embellishments, all perfectly placed! Congratulations on your well-deserved CASE Study win!

12. Jen W. says:

Congrats on your CASE Study win! Love all the fun embellies you used especially that yellow ribbony stuff. 🙂 Your white card is gorgeous too and that stamp set has now jumped to the top of my wish list! As for challenges I like CASology, Runway Inspired Challenge, ColourQ, CAS-ual Fridays and RetroSketches.

13. Shannon J says:

Oh wow, wow, WOW! Your Case Study card swept me off my feet! Hugely deserved win!! I love the white on white as well 🙂

14. Lesley says:

Both are fantastic Nicole, I love the CASE Study card…wow, it is unreal!